The development and implementation of Emirates College for Management and Information Technology’s Technology Plan is an enormous process. We are grateful to the faculty, staff and experts who met with us to share their vision of Emirates College for Management and Information Technology community’s future. Their contribution helped the institution build its plans upon the future needs of the community it will serve. We wish to express our appreciation to the Faculty Senate and the President for their generous support during this planning process.
In conjunction with the Faculty Senate, we identified the development of an institutional-wide technology plan as a high level institutional priority. This, along with the processes that led to its development, represents an important milestone in the development of the institution. It serves as a compass to guide plans and initiatives at all levels of the institution. It is also the expressed intention that the document and the action plans based on it provide increased clarity of purpose and accountability for actions.
Provide, maintain, upgrade, and secure a state-of-the-art technology infrastructure of hardware, software, telecommunications and network services in support of ECMIT’s educational and administrative operations.
- Provide information technology infrastructure to meet the needs of the college.
- Provide information technology support services to meet the needs of students, faculty and the staff.
- Enhance the use of information technology resources for teaching, learning, research and scholarship.
- Provide training to staff, student and faculty for the use of college IT Infrastructure.
- Develop and manage information technology division efficiently, effectively.
- Establish the information technology infrastructure necessary for teaching, research and support units
- Help faculty deliver the curriculum efficiently
- Provide students with resources to enrich their educational experiences
- Upgrade and install new software and hardware to keep pace with technical advances in education
- Provide technology training as part of professional development program
- Provide adequate safeguards for the electronic storage and back-up of student records
- Manage information technology effectively and efficiently